- Each bolus contains:
- Levamisole HCI……………………………………………… 600 mg
- INDICATIONS: Vernil Bolus is rapidly absorbed and carried to all parts of the body. Peak blood level occurs within an hour and tissue level persist for upto five days. The drug is excreted mainly though the faeces and urine. 40% is excreted in the urine within 12 hours. Most nematodes are expelled within 24 hours. Low level of the drug act as ganglion stimulants and give rise to muscular paralysis in the parasites, where as higher levels interfere with carbohydrate metabolism. The blockage occurs at the site of fumerate reduction and succinate oxidation.
- ADMINISTRATION & DOSAGE:
- Cattle:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 7-5 mg per kg body weight or 1 bolus per 80 kg body weight.
- Sheep / Goats:Â Â 7-5 mg per kg body weight orÂ 1/2 bolus per 40 kg body weight.
- Poultry:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1 Bolus for 8 – 16 birds of 2 kg average weight to be given in drinking water.
- Pack size:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Pack of 10’s and 50’s