- Each bolus contains:
- Tetramisole HCI……………………………………………… 1000 mg
- INDICATIONS: Vermisol Forte Bolus is rapidly absorbed & carried to all parts of the body. Peak blood level occurs within an hour and tissue level persists for upto 5 days. The drug is excreted mainly through the faeces and urine. 40% is excreted in the urine and 32% in the faeces within 2Â hours and consequequently has a short withdrawal period of 3 days for meat and I day for milk. It is not, however recommended for dosing to lactating animals. Most nematodes are expelled within 24 hours. Low level of the drug acts as ganglion stimulants & give rise to muscular paralysis in the parasite where as higher level interfere with carbohydrate metabolism.The blockage occurs at the site of fumerate & succinate oxidation.
- ADMINISTRATION & DOSAGE:
- Cattle:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 15 mg per kg body weight or 1 1/2 bolus for 100 kg body weight.
- Sheep & Goats: 15 mg per kg body weight orÂ 1/2 bolus for 33 kg body weight.
- Pack size:Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Pack of 10’s & 50’s